- A wide range of dust free papers for hygienic pharmaceutical packaging
- Various solutions for easy identification of pills in a transparent pouch, blisters child-proof and more
- Coated papers with excellent printability and high gloss
- Calendered papers from high transparency to opaque versions
- Heat-resistance for a trouble-free and efficient converting
- Suitable for lamination and extrusion
The pharmaceutical industry demands the highest cleanliness properties for maximum patient safety. Whether it is for pills blisters, pills sachets or powder sachets, all paper solutions developed by Ahlstrom for pharmaceutical applications are dust free and meet the most demanding hygienic requirements.
Highly-transparent pouches for immediate pill identification
For pills sachets, our high transparent Cristal™ paper enables pharmacists and patients to immediately identify which pills are in their pouch. This feature is particularly appreciated by medical professionals in Asia. These small individual pouches are suitable for both automated and manual dispensing machines.
Find out more about our CristalTM technology here
Excellent printability to ease identification of medications
When foil laminated sachets are closed by heat-sealing at 250°C, the heat can damage the coating. Our Gerstar™ HDS and Gerbier™ HDS papers have a special coating to withstand the heat. In addition, their excellent printability helps end-users to easily identify different medications.