Packaging with a Purpose
Ahlstrom’s PurposeFil™ Packaging Papers help packaging engineers and brand owners achieve multiple sustainability goals without losing the critical performance they need for their retail or E-commerce packaging.
Fiber-based solutions offer more sustainable packaging, lower packaging weight, lower waste, package integrity and safety while building distinctive branding through packaging and offering diverse levels of protection. Ahlstrom uses fiber from responsible and legal sources, and all products qualify for Chain-of-Custody Forestry Credits and Certification.
PurposeFil™ offers solutions to enable ease of converting and printability, as well as alternatives to traditional film and non-renewable packaging.
Examples of applications
Contact us to find out how to leverage the power of fibers. We have great resources to help you find your perfect fiber-based solution.
- High level of “glocal” technical expertise, including support from two dedicated Research & Development centers
- Global manufacturing platform – multiple assets and sites
- Expansive basis weight range
- Diverse furnish options: bleached, natural, blended, pre- or post-recycled and custom color capabilities
- Several surface finishes available: MF, MG, MC, XKL®, SCK, Translucent
- Variety of surface treatments: flame, water, mold and heat resistance, etc.
- Experts on foreign objects & debris, web inspection and defect detection – products designed for clean room production
This product and more participate in transitioning packaging ƒrom Plastic to Purpose.
Learn more about our philosophy and our webinars regarding the possibility of fiber-based solutions here