Ahlstrom’s transparent papers are the ideal alternative to non-renewable materials for producing sustainable, all-paper packaging solutions. These transparent papers enable consumers to quickly identify the products they are purchasing.
Cristal™ is a flexible paper with various levels of transparency that provides an alternative to plastic films which can be used in an array of converting platforms to create window-packaging or sachets for an all-paper packaging solution.
Cristal™ is suitable for printing, lamination, gluing, coating or waxing
Benefits of our Cristal™ papers:
- 100% fiber based
- Excellent transparency level
- Paper look: unique touch and feel
- Recyclable (EN13430)
- Home and industrial compostability certified (EN13432)
- Repulpable and recyclable (EN13430 & Western Michigan University SBS Equivalency [WMU SBS-E])
Versatile end uses: Discover our products made with Cristal™ technology.
Used as sachets, bags or paper windows, main end uses of Cristal™ Transparent Papers include food packaging, non-food packaging ands graphics applications such as envelope windows.
- Transparent papers for food packaging
- Pharmacy packaging papers for sachets and pouches
- Envelope window papers
- Transparent packaging
This technology participates in transitioning packaging ƒrom Plastic to Purpose.
Learn more about our philosophy and our webinars regarding the possibility of fiber-based solutions here.